Sunday, May 12, 2013

Philippine Election 2013

It's election time once again. I haven't voted in the last 2 elections because we moved in to a new residence 5 or 6 years ago that is more than 50 kilometers (I estimated) away from where I was first registered as a voter. The company where I used to work during that time is an American BPO company that doesn't follow Philippine national holidays and that include the election day. I didn't want to file a leave just to vote because I believed my vote will only be useless because dishonest, unethical, and unreligious candidates were rampant at that time (that include Gloria Arroyo). I also failed to re-register since we moved in because of my busy work.

Just last year I was able to register again and finally I just cast my votes a few hours ago. So far, the election process went well, very much organized, and since I came earlier there were fewer people yet. I believed that using the PCOS machine helps the process easily and faster. I hope that the election will go through successfully without any trouble and I hope that by using this type of machine we will have an honest election. I think it lessens the chance for evil candidates to illegally alter the ballots. Haha!

It's time for a big change. I hope that the Philippine elections in the future will always be honest and ethical and that people from all walks of life, whether rich or poor, will always remember that good, honest, religious, and well-educated leaders shall be elected in order for this country to progress more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment